WHAT I OFFER
1-on-1 Academic Support
I am a private foundation phase teacher focussing on individual after-school support for children aged 5 – 13 years old. I am based in Constantia in Cape Town and I operate from my school, Little Oaks Nursery School.
These sessions are aimed at ages 5-13 and are done on a 1-on-1 basis.
Sessions take place Monday–Friday, 13:00–18:00, availability upon request.
For school-related homework or for those who require assistance with reading, I ask that the relevant school materials, homework books, and reading books be brought along.
I focus on a variety of areas, including:
- Homework assistance and supervision including projects, orals and assignments.
- Supervised reading and practice time.
- Academic and skills support needed e.g., visual perception and discrimination, letter formation, number recognition, numeracy, number sense and counting.
- Storytime and language support to increase learned words, conversational skills and word memory.
- Home language homework assistance includes areas such as flashcards, sight words, memory sentences and spelling practice.
My 2022 Rates
40 mins to 1.5 hours
5 – 13 years old
Homework Assistance, Reading Practice, Language Support, Academic & Skills Support